Why aren't more Asians Catholic? And don't tell me that Filipinos count because they don't even click the Asian box, they choose "Pacific Islander".
Anyway, why aren't more East Asians Catholic? I mean, think about it. Catholicism, shame and guilt, shame and guilt... repent, repent, repent. Typical Japanese/Korean/Chinese expectations... not good enough, need to save face, always apologizing for not having enough (especially with the Japanese folk). I mean, it's like culture shame should transition very easily into religious shame, no? Maybe that would just lead to even more suicidal tendencies but I certainly think there is a valid connection here. Very heavy on the shame.
I don't know what prompted this thought, it just came to me.
On another note, I recommend watching "I Love You, Man". Lots of awkward humor, it's like social "nails on a chalkboard" - but it is hysterical. Jason Siegel might just be my new king of comedy.
1 comment:
because catholics are white rich men who wear funny hats.
Post a Comment