Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Phew... Love to Work, but I think I just saw a zebra..?

So working at CMC has been a joy thus far. I love it when I can work for ten hours and not even notice. I like being busy and I like having challenge set before me and this place seems like the place for me so far. However, I went to celebrate my recent hiring with my good friend Mr. Carrillo (who also works at CMC) and, despite my better judgement, I had some beer (after the first nauseating sip, the love did come back). Hilarity did ensue...

I have discovered many things this evening. The first is that, I am not a drinker. I enjoy a good drink but I am not a drinker. Therefore, I set my limit to two beers or glasses of wine. I will not be taking any shots because it's a waste of the enjoyment of drinking. This evening I had two beers and I had a nice little warm feeling going on and you know what, I like that. It's much cheaper. Moving on...

If I were a serial killer, I would burn people. Or drown them. This has been decided by the committee. However, this discussion amuses me because Mr. Carrillo described me as such: "Brewer, your fatal flaw is that you just care too much. Something is wrong with you." However, I do not care enough to not think about burning my victims alive. True story.

Also, there are zebras in Claremont. I shit you not. I know you're thinking that I was drunk or something (and I was a little buzzed) but I swear to you, we left the bar/grill and saw a fricken' zebra on the street. It was in a petting pen. It had stripes and everything. However, we did do a double take and the quote, "Is that a fucking zebra, or are we really that drunk?" was said. But seriously, that was a fucking zebra.

Also, one of my favorite things about hanging with the Mexi-drew is that he has such passionate responses to social, political and economic topics. Today I got lectured on such topics as: "Inequality of opportunity in America" and "Not an ounce of me can find anything positive to say about capitalism" and my all time favorite "Universal healthcare should be for everyone, legal and illegal". As you can see, he is a liberal. So I tend to like to play devil's advocate and just say something contrary to his beliefs and just let him go at it for a few hours. However, I left him speechless with the following statement.

"Mr. Carrillo, it's not that I disagree with you, it's that I really don't know. You see, I'm interested but relatively uninformed because, hey, I like to be happy."

There was no more lecturing.

1 comment:

Shana Fu said...

Wow this post made absolutely no sense to me. You're drunk.