Reading an article about the Prop 8 trial up in the Capitol. It can be found here. What drives makes me crazy is this comment:
A woman, speaking in one of the simulcasts, warned that same-sex marriage would lead to incest and polygamy.
"Then pedophiles would have to be allowed to marry 6-, 7-, 8-year-olds," she predicted. "The man from Massachusetts who petitioned to marry his horse after marriage was instituted in Massachusetts. He'd have to be allowed to do so. Mothers and sons, sisters and brothers, any, any combination would have to be allowed."
Seriously? Same-sex marriage will lead to pedophiles marrying children? People can start marrying their horses? I'll marry my mother (Disgusting on SO many levels, just trying to prove a point)? I mean, I'm sure there will be some bizarre individuals with all sorts of whacko requests but I hardly think there will be an influx of inter-species marriage requests. Look, it's your opinion if you feel that same-sex marriage is inappropirate. But that has nothing to do with making it legal to marry another species are someone who is a minor. I somehow doubt that the supporters of Gay and Lesbian rights are also firm supporters of practitioners of beastiality.
Maybe I'm wrong..?
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment